WALNUT CREEK (BCN)
A suspect arrested on suspicion of slaying a 60-year-old man in Walnut Creek Thursday night is being held on $1 million bail, police said this morning.
Hakim Madjour, 34, of Concord, was arrested on suspicion of murder, treated for minor injuries at John Muir Medical Center and booked at the Martinez Detention Facility, according to police.
The case began when officers responded to a construction site in the 1800 block of Lacassie Avenue around 6:52 p.m. They found a 60-year-old man on the ground with severe head wounds, police said.
Medical personnel worked to save the man, but he died of his injuries at the scene, according to police.
LATEST SFGATE VIDEOS
>Now Playing Brides of March walk through San Francisco San Francisco Chronicle
- "> WildCare rescues Western scrub jay from rodent glue trap WildCare
- "> The Regulars: The Carpenter Jessica Christian
- "> Massive fire in San Francisco's North Beach David Essling
- "> Fire on 650 block of Union Street in San Francisco David Essling
- "> Fire at Union and Powell streets in San Francisco Christina Lalanne
- "> Union Street Fire San Francisco Chronicle
- "> Jonathan%20Lucroy%20discusses%20his%20A%E2%80%99s%20debut San Francisco Chronicle
- "> Hail came to Orinda on Saturday San Francisco Chronicle
- "> Security footage of Oakland Cat Town break-in Courtesy of Cat Town
The officers allegedly found Madjour near the victim, police said. They learned that Madjour and the victim knew each other and were working as security guards at the construction site, according to police.
Madjour allegedly attacked the victim with a metal pole, police said. The officers recovered the pole and other evidence at the scene.
Source : https://m.sfgate.com/news/bayarea/article/Update-Suspect-Held-On-1-Million-Bail-On-12741647.php450